Thursday, April 5, 2012

A month ago we wrapped...

Here we are a month after the curtains closed on Devil's Vein 3-day movie shoot in the woods on WNC. I've had a lot of time to reflect, determine what worked and what didn't, and why. Obviously, more time would have been ideal, translating to more money, of course, to buy more time.

I continue to schedule pick-up shots and scenes or shots here and there that could not be acquired during our 3-day shoot. I have a lot more to shoot. It's tricky with Spring springing but since most of the shots are at night, it can be accomplished. We still have a flashback scene to film but I prefer waiting until Spring for a different look and feel from the core footage.

It's a dreary day and I'm coffee-shopping at the local bean dive. Nice day actually. I'm not opposed to a drop or two of rain here and there. I'm still working on cleaning out our 3 extra bedrooms to make an imminent move easier when the time arrives. It's a long process deciding what I might or might not need for future productions but at the same time, it is liberating to get rid of all the crap that has collected mysteriously over the years.

I just emailed a friend/colleague regarding the ins and outs of producing a production because I will probably go that route with my next movie.  Regardless - I love it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment