Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Just over 2 days before we begin...

Here it is already, around 9pm on Wednesday night. This coming Saturday the cast & crew of Devil's Vein will assemble at 9am, head to the cabin, rehearse and have a meeting at noon. Then at 12:30pm I head out with the core 6 to begin filming Devil's Vein, kicking off a 3-day film shoot.

I have scheduled little time to breathe during the production, realizing that this 3-day shoot won't afford us the time for a lot of casual conversations, elaborate shots setups, and casual food breaks as a team. It will be hustle, hustle. The cast will have times when they can relax, talk, eat, rest, or whatever between their scenes and the crew will be able to alternate at times.

We will not shoot all scenes during this 3-day shoot. Remaining will be a few minor shots that will take less than a day to capture. Practically none of the special effects will be shot during this weekend. The setup for each effect would take too long and since time is so valuable I plan to use it on the talent present and not a bunch of dummies, as in stunt double dummies for some of the actors.

My back is beginning to hurt somewhat and I'm very tired. I have a lot to do tomorrow and Friday. A lot. I'll be glad when I have a prep team to work with because I should be concentrating entirely on shots and aesthetics at this point in time. I definitely won't post again until after the shoot.

It's time to set sail.

No comments:

Post a Comment