Monday, February 13, 2012

Less than 3 weeks...

Today I got into gear and made progress on a stunt dummy double for the movie. I think 'she' will work just fine for the movie. Regarding a different matter, I had to cut a key actor from the cast today for lack of responding to requests regarding his availability for rehearsals. It was not really a tough decision even though we are less than 3 weeks from production because I had given every opportunity for this individual to contact me. He gave a great audition but failed to reassure my mind that he would be prepared on day one. I couldn't risk it. I have too many wonderful actors on this project to let any one person let them down.

We may now have a cabin for the movie. I checked it out briefly the other day but plan to walk some of the property in a day or two and take notes. I feel confident about this location.

I meet with an actor tomorrow regarding the role of Mr. Canton. I feel good about this lead.

I ordered an extra battery for the camera last night, and some master tapes, then today I ordered a couple of rolls of film stock for some of the flashback scenes to be captured on an older film camera. I think the contrast in appearance will be interesting for the movie.

I have a lot to do before March 3rd. I'm a little nervous. I mean, I have a LOT to do. I will be prepared to do each special effect once. If it doesn't fly, I will re-shoot it at a later date. I won't have time to re-shoot a shot over and over. Especially when you're dealing with blood. It's messy. It's time consuming.

It's late, I'm tired, but I will inevitably lie in bed and wonder how the hell I will get all this stuff done before March 3rd. A couple of day ago, I had to go to Greenville, today to Hendersonville, tomorrow to Asheville, the next day back to the cabin. How can I get things done when I'm running around all day. I really need an active pre-production crew to delegate some of these tasks too but don't have the budget.

Perhaps next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment