Thursday, February 2, 2012

March 3rd gets closer...

Last night I made a prop bear trap for the movie. I will finish painting and aging it over the next few days. I still have to finish the prop machetes and knives also. They have been started but other things have drawn me away from their completion.

Today I've been a little depressed and unproductive. It happens sometimes. This evening I watched Finding Nemo with my wife and little boy and that lifted me a lot. I enjoy lying on the couch with my 2 favorite people in the world and just chilling. Little guy is sound asleep on our bed and Amy is at her computer doing business related work. It's a typical night for our household. We usually end the night watching an episode of something on Hulu, usually near midnight or after.

This Saturday is our first rehearsal and I'm excited about it. It will be nice having everyone in the same room discussing our movie. It's hard to believe that we will begin shooting footage one month from tomorrow. I have such high hopes for this movie. Anyone who hasn't checked out our bios on the http://www.devilsveinmovie.com website should drop what you're doing and go there now. We have lots of talent. Lots and lots of talent.

It concerns me somewhat that the last cabin location went down the tubes like brushing water in a late-night sink. Couldn't be helped. I have other leads that I am exploring but time is ticking so I have to nail down a location, like now.

What we need, what our production needs, is someone to step up to the plate with a substantial contribution that will ensure we have everything at our disposal to produce the best movie possible and to get Devil's Vein into the right hands at the end of the line. I take full responsibility for the screw-up with our IndieGoGo campaign. I thought I could ease my way into it since I was campaigning for 2 months or so. I didn't know that you HAD to have a donation within the first 3 days or they take you out of the general search meaning ONLY people with the actual link can donate. I had never used these sites before, always for the most part funding my own productions. This is so new to me. I should have done more homework and then I would have been prepared on day one of the campaign to send out links, advertise it, etc.

Regardless, we are where we are and it will go forward, produced, and sent out to distributors and film festivals. It will be a great little horror movie, no doubt. With a break here or there, it will get in the hands of someone who can move mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment