Monday, December 5, 2011

Home from auditions

I'm home from the auditions feeling really great about what I saw and heard. Didn't have the turn out I expected but it was what I should have expected.

I think I will be able to cast about 7 of the 10 or so roles available for Devil's Vein.

I will review the 3 individuals who sent demo reels in place of bodies because they were unable to attend to see if I want to meet up with them.

Just a note to all who wanted the opportunity to be cast but didn't show or call or email to let me know they couldn't make it. I think you missed out on a really cool project. I'm somewhat disheartened by the fact you couldn't at least call or email saying you wouldn't make it. Anyway, I wish you the best in your acting pursuits in other productions.

I have filled all but one of my crew positions.

I'm very excited about this project. Soon I will begin my online money-raising campaign which will not dictate whether I make the movie or not, simply how elaborate I can get and how much I can pay my actors and crew. The movie will be made. Period. And it will be good. And I think it will make it into numerous film festivals - which I will also be raising money for since they can cost up to $60 a pop.

I will review footage of today's auditions and soon offer roles to selected actors/actresses. At that time, they can accept or decline. If all accept, then I will only have one female role left and that is the role of Kathy, who has very little dialogue, mostly screams. She is a ghost and is in at least one flashback.

I think I will have the role of Mike to fill after this audition, filling the roles of Josh and Dagger, if the actors accept.

Old man Conners will be offered to someone, as will the role of Mr. Canton.

So as it stands at the moment, if everyone accepts the role I offer them, I am left with casting the male roles of Jake, Mike and the landowner and Elizabeth for the female roles.

Okay. Well. I had the worst headache of my life during the auditions so I'm going to bed soon with an ice pack. Thank you for all the actors of crew who showed up today. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for tuning me in and not out.

No comments:

Post a Comment