Saturday, January 7, 2012

Prop list complete

Just finished compiling my prop list. It is near 150 items, not including items that will naturally be in place for the shoot. Some I have, others I do not, but will soon begin to shop to fulfill the list.

On Monday after receiving hopefully everyone's biography I will plan a rehearsal.

Next week I plan to experiment some with special effects. I have about 4 scenes that will require 'special attention' to gory detail. If time permits, I may shoot some of these during principle photography, if not, I will capture the needed shots at a later date.

Our movie website is still offline but being constructed. Sometime next week I will plug in my actor's and crew's biographies. And soon, thereafter, launch it.

What's really cool about this production is the fact that it is horror, the easiest and quickest genre to gain recognition in the independent film industry with hundreds of festivals just for horror. Not only that, but when I had my coffee shop I met a representative for a semi-major horror independent movie distributor. Which, in itself, is no guarantee of anything but it is better than nothing. I will send Devil's Vein to him as soon as it is complete to see what happens.

I'm very excited and a little nervous as usual at this stage of pre-production. I know one way or the other it will turn out as always but not knowing where the bumps and rocks are in the road makes a production like this challenging. But all I can say is bring it to hell on.

No comments:

Post a Comment