Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Welcome new crew, looking for others

I want to welcome Erik to the team. Thanks for meeting up with me today in Asheville. You are a great addition to the crew.

I am still open to one or two more individuals.

However, a note to any interested parties - if you say you are going to meet me then meet me. If you cancel on a commitment to meet with me for a mere few minutes, how can I trust that you will show up for 3-4 days in a row? Answer: I can't and I won't. That goes for cast or crew. I don't play games. You know upfront what you are getting and I want to know what I am getting. There are too many dependable individuals out there like Erik to choose from to play games. Period.

With that said, I am building enthusiasm for this project like never before. My first movie took nearly a year to complete, shooting off and on trying to accommodate all schedules. Never again. My second movie was a lot of fun and it too was challenging in that most of the production was shot in 3 days but then I had only 1 main character and 2 supporting characters. This horror movie will have much more depth and breadth. What is common throughout my experiences as a filmmaker is that you always leave knowing that you have made lifetime friends. It's awesome. I would do anything in my power for those who have participated in my projects, not as payback for their help but because of the kinship formed during production. It is a family atmosphere.  

I need to respond to 6 more individuals who want to help out on this production. I wish I could say yes to each of them who have great personalities and attitudes but I can't. I just can't afford to say yes to everyone. So what I'm looking at more than anything is attitude. A great attitude goes further with me than a great resume. I can train someone with a great attitude but I can't give a great attitude to someone who has trained skills but lacks a great attitude.

Enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment